Why is aloe vera gel the best solution for acne? Know why and how to use aloe vera gel on pimples here.
Aloe Vera Gel For Acne – Aloe vera gel has been proven to be the famous traditional remedy for curing acne for centuries now. It refers to the gel-based substance obtained from the succulent leaves of the green aloe vera plant that can also be grown easily in the home garden.
The Aloe vera gel has various anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties along with being rich in antioxidants (vitamin A, C and E), that are essentially required in the treatment of acne-prone skin. Furthermore, it prevents excess oil in the skin, promotes the growth of new cells and acts as an anti-aging agent.
Aloe vera gel is one such remedy for acne that is easily available. This makes it highly popular among people. One can obtain it as a ready-made cosmetic product from the market which of course is infused with other chemical substances or the purest form of it can be extracted from the leaves of the plant itself.
Aloe vera gel has been an effective and relatively safe treatment for mild to moderate acne in people.
How to use aloe vera gel for acne?
A lot of doctors suggest aloe vera gel for acne and pimples. One of the reasons for the popularity of aloe vera gel as a remedy for acne is the easy application of it. You can use it topically or mix it with other anti-acne substances to form a mask for the skin.
Given below are a few easy ways to use aloe vera gel for pimples treatment at home:
- Pure aloe vera for acne: The purest is the best. All you need is to slice up the leaves, scoop out the gel in between, and apply in little amounts to the affected areas. You can put it on for a few hours or leave it overnight and wash it off the next morning. Repeating this process for a week can give desired results.
- Aloe-vera spray: The handy sprays that can be used all day along, work marvelously on the skin. All you need is one tablespoon of aloe vera mixed with 2-3 drops of any essential oil of choice and 1 ½ cup of distilled water in a spray bottle. Shake it well and use it throughout the day.
- Aloe vera and lemon juice: The soothing aloe vera gel and vitamin c rich lemon juice, are a perfect combination to treat oil and acne prone skin. The drying and bacterial-killing properties of lemon along with the anti-inflammatory aloe vera base works perfectly on the skin. All you need is to mix 1/4th of the teaspoon of lemon juice to 2 tablespoons of pure or market-obtained aloe vera gel.
- Aloe vera and tea tree cleansing solution: Tea tree is an anti-inflammatory substance that is highly beneficial for skin. However, leaving it alone on the skin for long may cause irritation to the sensitive skin. 2-3 drops of tea tree oil mixed with aloe vera gel and water can form a cleansing solution capable of treating acne.
- Aloe vera, cucumber and rose water solution: Another easy and cooling solution for acne the perfect combination of aloe vera, cucumber and rose water. All you need is equal parts of rose water, aloe vera and cucumber juice in a bottle. Apply it on the face, wait for it to dry, and then wash it off.
- Aloe vera, sugar and coconut scrub for acne: This gentle scrub is the perfect alternative for toxic chemical scrubs. Lauric acid in coconut oil helps fight acne causing bacteria as well as prevent blemishes. Sugar on the other hand helps in exfoliating dead skin cells. Equal parts of both and adding aloe vera gel in only half the amount of this mixture, gives the best home-made anti-acne scrub.
- Aloe vera, honey and cinnamon mask: Honey with its anti-bacterial, cinnamon with its anti-inflammatory properties combines with aloe vera to form a wondrous treatment for acne. The mix: 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 3-4 tablespoons of honey, and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dermatologist approved ready-made aloe vera gel for acne: The best solution is to use the purest form of aloe vera gel. However, having noticed that not all skin types react positively to its application, it’s essential to buy the one suggested by your dermatologist. These gels are infused with chemicals that terminate the adverse effects of gel on certain skin types and help in the treatment of acne. The application should be guided by the doctor himself.
Does aloe vera gel remove pimples? How effective is aloe vera gel for acne?
Aloe vera plant is termed as the God’s herb. The use of the plant is so diverse and effective, that it’s hard to deny its role in treating acne or removal of pimples.
The daily use of aloe vera gel leads to significant results as proved by various trials. Its benefits are even believed to be listed in Rig Veda – the earliest book on natural medicines
External use of aloe vera gel for pimples can help reduce the inflammation, bacterial growth as well as smooth skin. The properties of the gel, as listed above, are proven best for treating acne.
However, this alone cannot eradicate the problem of acne from the roots. Acne is also a cause of hormonal imbalance, even genetics and eating practices of the person. For the best results, acne treatment should be consumed both externally and internally. Next time when