Damaged hair? Aloe vera Gel can do wonders! Get wondersome solutions here
Aloe Vera Gel For Hair – Aloe Vera is a succulent plant with a wide range of beneficial properties residing in its gel. History says that it has been widely used as a traditional medicine for skin treatment. The gel present in the thick leaves of the plant is where all the magic lies. It is an evergreen plant, both suitable for indoor and outdoor environments. An abundant source of oxygen and health benefits for the skin and body. We have all known the benefits of aloe vera gel for our face but it is not it. The aloe vera gel for hair is equally beneficial with proven results. Let us know more about it!
The gel present in the aloe vera is used in a similar way for hair, as used for the face. The cooling and soothing properties of the plant acts very beneficially for the hair. Let us know the benefits of it.
Benefits of using aloe vera gel on hair
- Calming effects – An itchy and flaky scalp, often because of dandruff, can be treated with aloe vera gel. The gel has anti-inflammatory properties which help in calming the scalp and reducing the flakes.
- Treats oily hair – As we know, the gel has properties capable of absorbing the oils. It deeply cleanses the hair shafts, removing the extra oil and residue, keeping the integrity of hairs intact. It does not damage the hair strands and makes them soft and shiny.
- Repairs hair strands – The gel consists of certain vitamins like A, B12, C, and E, folic acids etc. which helps in healthy cell growth, making the hair shiny and reducing hair fall.
- Protection from sun damage – The collagen present on the gel tends to help the sunburns on the face and skin, providing a cooling effect on them. This is why it is considered to cure any sun damage of the hairs as well.
- Hair Growth – Since your scalp is cleansed and healthy cell growth is taking place, the gel may lead to promoting hair growth as well.
How to apply aloe vera gel on hair?
There are many ways in which you can apply aloe vera gel to your hairs as follows.
- The best form is the raw gel. Extracting the gel from the leaves and applying it directly to the scalp is the most natural and purest way of applying aloe vera gel to the hairs.
- You can make hair masks for added benefits to the hairs like:
- Aloe Vera Gel + Coconut Oil – Mix 2 tbsp of aloe vera with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and blend them into a thick, consistent paste. Apply the mask on the scalp and throughput the strands with fingers, thoroughly and let it sit for 30 to 60 mins. Rinse it thoroughly or shampoo, as per your requirement and you are good to go. This hair mask helps in the deep conditioning of the hair.
- Aloe Vera Gel + Yogurt – Mix 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 2 tbsp of yogurt and 2 tbsp of honey(optional) and blend it into a thick, consistent paste. Apply the mask on the scalp and throughout the strands and let it sit for 15 to 25 mins and rinse your hair. You may want to shampoo your hair to get rid of the smell. This aloe vera gel hair mask helps in providing shine to the hair.
- Aloe Vera Gel + Eggs – Mix 3 tbsp of aloe vera gel with 1 egg and make a consistent mask. Apply it on the scalp and throughout the strands and let it sit for 30 mins. Rinse with water and shampoo. This mask boosts hydration and moisture of the hair, best suited for dry hairs.
- Aloe Vera Gel + Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp of honey along with 1 cup of aloe vera gel and mix well. Apply the mask generously on your scalp and hair, letting it rest for 20 mins. Shampoo your hair later and get rid of dandruff with consistent application.
- Aloe Vera Gel + Lemon Juice – Mix 4 to 5 drops of lemon juice, 3 drops of tea tree oil with 3 tsp of aloe vera gel and make a consistent mask. Apply the mask with fingers on the scalp and throughput the strands and let it sit for 20 mins. Rinse the mask with shampoo. This mask provides moisture to greasy hair and clears extra oil.
We got to know that aloe vera gel is as beneficial to our hairs as it is to the face and skin. The cooling effects nourishes the scalp and are the best for greasy, summer days. I would highly recommend you to use one of the hair masks mentioned above and enjoy clean, shiny and long hairs.